- Parent Category: Chapters
- Category: Chapter Happenings
- Created on Sunday, 17 June 2012 17:11
- Last Updated on Saturday, 16 February 2013 07:10
- Published on Sunday, 17 June 2012 17:11
LGBT advocates from both sides of the aisle were celebrating this week after successful state conventions.
On the Republican side, some of the virulently anti-gay language from previous platforms was removed from or tempered in the 2012 version.
Meanwhile, Texas Democrats added marriage equality to their state platform, revised rules to include gender identity and selected a record number of LGBT people to attend the national convention in Charlotte in September.
Read more at dallasvoice.com.